Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Third of July

IMG_1686

Oh my. Independence Day in Mandan is definitely one of my favorite holidays. I'm very excited that I can now share this fun holiday and small-town celebration with my own kiddo. Happy to report that Kya loves it.

This morning Kya and I picked up Aunt Ronda (my aunt) and headed to Art in The Park for the opening morning. The art fair is notoriously very busy (and hot) so we like to get our shopping and food before all the crowds arrive.

IMG_1689
Real cowgirls eat their corn ... ON the cob!

IMG_1698
Enjoying the children's music at Art in the Park

IMG_1697
Ronda bought Kya a ticket on the kid's barrel train and much to my surprise, Kya was very excited to ride! Last summer Kya had been terrified of any/all rides. She's growing up!

IMG_1706
This evening is the Kid's Doll and Pet Parade, at 6 pm, on Mandan's Main Street. Kya and I decorated her tricycle this afternoon and our test run was a giggle fest. Kya says her tricycle is now "a really cool motorcycle" oh my.

. . .

Tomorrow we'll have a busy day of parade watching and fun with the family at the river cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment